Thursday, August 2, 2012

Back to Basics: Colored Pencils

Hey guys!!! :) So for the past few months, i've been trying to improve myself as an artist. And one way of doing that is going back to the basic. :) 

So one of the things I went back to are......
COLORED PENCILS! :D 

You've seen my fruits in my old post. 

Here are some pieces I did to practice. And to make it a bit challenging, I tried to do portraits. :) I have to practice once in a while in this medium, so i won't forget how to do it. :) 




This was the first one I tried. 


Actually, I've done colored pencils, but it was a long time ago...2 years ago in fact and it wasn't as challenging as the one I tried now and let's face it,


 I TOTALLY FORGOT HOW TO USE IT! haha 


sorry.... hehe.


 This time I tried small amount of colors. Just basic ones so I can learn to blend and not rely on the color that is there. :) 

Like, not using black colored pencils for black color but used purple, blue and green to make a black effect. :P hehe


Though I know I still lack in proportion, I will keep practicing that too! :)

Just keep swimming...swimming, swimming, swimming or rather...

drawing

drawing

drawing :)


And this won't be possible, without Sir Uy's help! :) Thank you soooo much for your patience, time and awesome guidance! :D

BTW, sorry for the poorly scanned photos of it. My scanner sucks! :P 

Will be posting some more! Stay Tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment